Wednesday, February 15, 2017

HOW TO STAY FOCUSED WHEN CHANNELING REIKI

The other day I wrote an article on the need to stay focused when you are channeling Reiki for someone. Then I realized I didn't explain just how to do so, so here is my attempt to do just that.
If you meditate you will be able to grasp this immediately, if you don't, you might want to consider taking it up. When you sit in formal mediation you focus your mind on something like the breath, a sound or a word or phrase (mantra). I'm not talking about visualization meditation, that is very different and is not considered "formal" meditation. It's nice for relaxation, etc, but very different results wise. 
As you sit there trying to focus the mind on a singular thing, you will begin to notice that the "mind" takes you off somewhere: to the phone call you just had, the laundry list of things you need to do after you meditate, a memory from the past, and a zillion other things. That's the job of the mind, to create thought - 24/7. Your job in meditation is to bring the focus of your thoughts/mind back to the object of your meditation (breath/sound/mantra). Thich Knat Hanh (famous Vietnamese Buddhist Monk who published many books and CD's, Dvd's on Mindfulness Meditation) stated that bringing the mind back to the focus of your meditation 1,000 times is meditation.
So you see, this is not an easy task. But just as in meditation, when you are channeling Reiki for someone and sitting there trying to focus on what is going on in your hands, under your hands, in the receiver's body and what you are feeling, seeing, and knowing, you are in a constant struggle with the mind that wants to take you off to your vacation plans, the news, your aches and pains, struggles with your marriage, etc.,etc.etc). So your goal is to keep coming back to your hands, to their body, to the feelings, to the guidance, over, and over and over. 
I have been aware for a long time (I've been doing Reiki professionally for over a decade) that I enter very deep meditative states when I channel Reiki, because I AM FOCUSED and stay focused. Yes, my mind does wander, that is to be expected, but the moment that I am aware of it, I bring my awareness back to my receiver, my hands and what I'm feeling, sensing and knowing.
One of the many benefits from doing this is that it is much more likely that you will receive guidance during the session as you focus and quiet your mind - only when you quiet the mind can you hear guidance, a well known fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment